Sunday, March 8, 2015

My Joshy Boy

I'm not sure how much longer I have to call him that....Joshy Boy. At some point he will think it's too baby-ish, but for now we can still get away with it. I can't believe my little guy is 6 years old. Josh lights up my life. He always says the right things and tries so hard to please us. He's smart and picks different things up so quickly. It amazes me how his little mind works and puts ideas together. He is doing really well with reading and math and will often quiz me to see if I know my math facts. He just moved up to level G in reading and has worked really hard to get there, reading extra books on RAZ kids so he can finish the level faster. He is comprehending everything, too.

I honestly don't know where the last year went -- it seems like we were just celebrating his 5th birthday, but here we are at big #6. This year we told him he could have a small play date because last year was a bigger party. He chose to have his friend Sasha and Sasha's younger sister, Sadie over. It works out perfectly! Sasha and Maya are in the same grade and Sadie and Josh are in the same grade...we just love this family! They are so fun to be with. Unfortunately Sadie ended up sick and couldn't come, so Maya invited another friend. Sasha and Josh are a lot alike and they both love Mario, so they played that for a little while, then we ate dinner (pizza), and the girls decorated cupcakes and got into my makeup. I loved how chilled out his "party" was! I wore sweat pants and didn't even have makeup on. Coco was naughty and tried opening most of Josh's gifts.



Then tonight for his actual birthday we had some of his best buds from church over to celebrate. We had some more cupcakes and Rice Krispie Treats. It was a fun and busy weekend! We loved celebrating this little guy. My favorite part of the weekend was when we were snuggling on the couch and I was telling him about his birth story. He was looking up at me with his big brown eyes and a huge smile on his face the whole time. He loves the fact that he was an easy, quiet baby and that Maya was NOT.



We surprised him with a new baseball mitt, bat, and some balls. Can't wait to play catch with him once this snow melts. Happy Birthday little man!

No comments: