Friday, October 31, 2014

Baptism Day

Maya's big day was on Sunday, October 19, 2014. We were happy that Grandma and Papa could come and support her on this special day. We know all of our family would have been there if they could have. One of the big downers of living this far away from everybody, but we made the most of it with our wonderful friends and ward family. I kept Cora home during the first part of church so she could get a nap in. After church we had a few hours to set up everything for the baptism. I learned that I don't handle stress and pressure very well. I also learned that I have a wonderful and supportive family and great friends to help me when I need it.

Once we were ready to start I could feel all of the pressure and tension melt off as I sat back and enjoyed the service. Maya asked me to give one of the talks and I spoke about baptism. I used some of the ideas from the "3 Bears of Baptism" talk that is floating around the internet. As I introduced the topic, I pulled out Maya's teddy bear that her great-grandma Giordano gave her as a baby. Her eyes lit up and I think it helped her focus a little more. After my talk Maya played, "Love One Another" plus a little song she composed on the piano. She was amazing! She only practiced it a few times on a real piano (we have a keyboard) and I thought she might decide to back down because of how many people were there. I was so proud as she marched up there and played like a pro! We then proceeded to the font and watched as she was baptized. It was an amazing thing to see -- Nick did great and I could hear his voice crack a bit. It was so sweet to witness. Aubrey, our awesome babysitter, gave a talk on the Holy Ghost. She did a wonderful job! Then Maya was confirmed and received the Holy Ghost. It was such a great service! I'm thrilled she made the choice to be baptized.



Our great friends, Mary, Jonathan, Sasha, and Sadie came to support Maya. We met through preschool and elementary school a few years ago. They are such awesome people! We were so glad they came.


Me and my girls. I love my sweet little family. We are proud of you, Miss Maya!

No comments: